Public Defender's Office

Global Menu

Public Defender's Office

Director: Keith W. Tyne


Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the offices of the Skagit County Public Defender are closed to the public.

Be assured that staff and attorneys are still working and you may communicate with them about your case via telephone, e-mail, or letter put through the pass through at the main office.

To communicate via telephone, call (360) 416-1650.  The receptionist will connect you to your attorney or their assistant.

To drop off documents or leave a written message, use the pass through in the door at the main office, located at 121 Broadway, Mount Vernon, WA.

To communicate via e-mail, choose one of the following: 

You may also e-mail your attorney directly from the list below.  If your matter is urgent, please email your attorney and the appropriate staff person above.  Your attorney may be out of the office and if you only email your attorney, your message may not be seen before your court date.

Skagit County Public Defender Mailing addresses:

Main Office
121 Broadway
Mount Vernon, WA  98273

District Court Office
707 S. 2nd St.
Mount Vernon, WA  98273

Juvenile Office
205 West Kincaid St.,  Ste. 302
Mount Vernon, WA  98273

Our office is trying to reduce the number of people who have to attend court.  If you have court in the next few weeks, your attorney may be trying to reach you to change your court date.  Please reach out to your attorney ASAP if you have not already spoken to him/her about upcoming court dates.  In any communication, make sure to include a good phone number or email address where you can be reached.

Thank you for your understanding in these difficult times.

Director: Keith W. Tyne
Chief Deputy: C. Wesley Richards
Office Supervisor: Janelle Gilbert
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
121 Broadway
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
(360) 416-1650

Defense Services For:

  • Indigents Charged with Criminal Offenses
  • Juveniles Charged with Criminal Offenses
  • At-Risk Juveniles
  • Indigent Parents in Child Dependency Cases
  • Respondents in Mental Health Proceedings