Auditor's Office

Global Menu

Auditor's Office

Auditor: Sandra Perkins

General Auditor's Office Information


Auditor's Duties and Responsibilities

In Washington State the duties of the County Auditor embrace a wide range of services to the public, including:

  • Serving as ex officio Supervisor of Elections
  • Registrar of Voters
  • Recorder of documents
  • Motor Vehicle and Vessel Licensing Agent
  • Chief Financial Officer for the county

The Auditor's office is responsible for:

Administering elections

Maintaining voter registration records

  • Issuing vehicle and vessel licenses
  • Issuing and maintaining permanent records of marriage licenses.Marriage applications can also be obtained at all county licensing sub-agencies (see "Licensing")."
  • Accepting and recording into public record all real property documents, deeds and titles
  • Oversight and reporting of all financial activities of the County
  • Reception and routing all legal action served on the county

Back Top

Auditor's Office Mission Statement

To perform professionally the duties of the Skagit County Auditors Office with integrity, a spirit of innovation, accessibility, and efficient use of taxpayer resources, while emphasizing outstanding customer service.

Back Top

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

The following are general questions and answers about the Auditor's Office. For information specific to a given Auditor's Office division, such as Licensing, please go to that division's home page using the buttons on the left and refer to the FAQs for that division.

Back Top

Question: Where is the Auditor's Office?

The Auditor's Office street address is:

Skagit County Auditor's Office
County Administration Building, Room 201
700 S. Second Street
Mount Vernon, Washington
Phone: (360) 416-1701
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)

Our mailing address is:

Skagit County Auditor's Office
P.O. Box 1306
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Back Top

Question: Where in Skagit County do I get a business license?

Skagit County nether issues nor requires business licenses. However, if your business will pose any zoning issues within unincorporated Skagit County, check with the Skagit County Permit and Planning Center about those issues.

State business licenses can be applied for at the Department of Labor and Industries, 525 E. College Way, Mount Vernon, phone number 416-3000. Building contractors must also register with the Department of Labor and Industries.

If your business is operating within the limits of any city in the county, contact that city's City Hall for a city business license.

Businesses that serve food should contact the Skagit County Health Department at 416-1500 for a permit.

Back Top