Online Marriage License Application
Now you can apply online and both parties will need to be present for signature to pick up license at the Auditor’s Recording Department.
Marriage License fee is $64.00 (cash or credit card accepted). You have an option to pre-pay $3.00 for a certified copy that will be automatically mailed to you.
There is a 3-day waiting period that begins the day you sign the marriage application and pay the marriage license fee. You may not get married during this waiting period. The marriage license is valid for 60 days following the 3-day waiting period.
Please read carefully:
- Marriage licenses are not valid until the third full day after the application is filed and payment is verified at the Auditor’s Office. For example, if the application is filed on Monday, the first day it can be used is Thursday. Call our office to confirm receipt of online/mailed applications and payments (360-416-1704).
- Marriage Licenses are VOID if not solemnized within 60 days of the valid date.
- Both parties must sign the completed affidavit. This affidavit must be signed in front of a Deputy Auditor in our office, OR notarized by a Notary Public.
- Neither a witness nor a blood test is required to obtain a marriage license.
- The cost for a marriage license is $64.00. An additional $3.00 is required if you need a certified copy (this is optional).
You can apply for a marriage license two ways. Please read all directions carefully:
Who is authorized
to perform marriages?
State law prescribes
who can marry. Under RCW 26.04.050, active and retired justices of the
supreme court, judges of the court of appeals, judges of the superior
courts, superior court commissioners, any regularly licensed or ordained
minister or any priest of any church or religious denomination, and judges
of courts of limited jurisdiction may perform marriages.
For more information
about marriage licenses please call (360) 416-1704 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtaining a copy
of a marriage license
Marriage Certificate: Certified copy request form
For more information about obtaining a copy of a marriage license
please call (360) 416-1704 or email: email@example.com