Skagit County Civil Service Job Listings
Contact www.publicsafetytesting.com for application information and testing requirements.
Applications for sheriff's office patrol or corrections positions
will only be accepted by invitation after direct referral has been
received by www.publicsafetytesting.com
Do not send applications to Skagit
County for civil service positions.
EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND DISQUALIFIERS
- Any Felony conviction
- Criminal activity of a felony nature that could result in prosecution
- Drug usage that would constitute criminal activity of a felony nature
- Current habitual drug and/or alcohol abuse
The following list of actions or events may disqualify an applicant from employment with the Skagit County Sheriff’s Office, and will be reviewed on a case by case basis:
- Criminal activity of a felony nature where the statute of limitations has expired.
- Misdemeanor convictions, including traffic violations.
- Criminal activity of a misdemeanor nature, including traffic violations.
- Marijuana use within past two years from date of application
background may be modified at the discretion of Sheriff, Don McDermott
Publicsafetytesting.com will provide Skagit County Civil Service the names of the highest
scoring applicants after written and physical agility testing is completed.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES [Pdf]
Wages, requirements and details
Preference Eligibility Form
Skagit County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
It is the policy of Skagit County to follow all federal and state laws to ensure non-discrimination in its employment practices.
American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Notice: Individuals, who need an ADA accommodation to complete the application, test or interview process, please call: (360) 416-1380.