Public Works Engineering
Director | County Engineer: Grace Kane P.E.
Development and Review
Responsible for Development Review and Utility permitting functions to ensure that new developments and work performed within the County right-of-way by others are in compliance with Skagit County ordinances and standards regarding roadways and drainage.
- Review all land use projects.
- Ensure compliance with the Road Standards, Utility Policy, Drainage Design Standards, Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington, and the Low Impact Development Technical Guidance Manual for Puget Sound.
- Ensure compliance with County ordinances.
- Administer access permits, utility permits, unopened right-of-way permits, and process right-of-way vacations.
- Ensure that all road construction projects within unincorporated Skagit County are built in compliance with the approved project plans and all applicable County ordinances.