Skagit County Sheriff

Global Menu

Skagit County Sheriff

Civil Division

Skagit County Sheriffs Office
Civil Division - General Process


The Civil Division will process civil papers that come from the courts, private individuals and businesses. This includes, but is not limited to: Summons & Complaint, Notice & Complaint, Summons & Petition, Notice Of Small Claim, Restraining Orders, Subpoenas, Summons & Complaint for Unlawful Detainer, etc.

A deposit is required for general service of process. Processes will not be started until the deposit is received.

What the Sheriff’s Office Needs:

To more effectively assist you we will need to know information about the persons to be served such as possible addresses, physical description, phone numbers, employer, any service requirements and the deadline for service.

Please print and fill out the General Intake Sheet (PDF) and return it along with the papers to be served and the deposit.

We do not accept faxes for service.

Mail or Deliver to:

Skagit County Sheriff’s Office
Civil Division
600 South 3rd Street
Mount Vernon WA 98273

Questions? Call — 360-416-1913 or E-mail —