Duration of Preliminary Approval of Short Subdivisions
On March 6, 2017, the Board of County Commissioners adopted Interim Ordinance O20170002 extending the time period for preliminary approval of short subdivisions by one year, from 36 to 48 months. The State Legislature, recognizing the economic hardship created by the recent recession, had previously extended the duration of preliminary approval for pre-2014 long subdivisions through amendments to RCW 58.17.140 but did not so extend for short subdivisions. This action extended by one year, the duration of the interim ordinance, the duration of approval for preliminary short subdivisions.
The Board has directed Planning & Development Services to draft final regulations regarding preliminary subdivision approval duration for short subdivisions, propose those regulations for public comment and review and recommendation by the Planning Commission consistent with SCC Chapter 14.08, and propose permanent regulations for consideration by the Board of County Commissioners by August 1, 2017, for permanent adoption prior to December 31, 2017.
- ORD #O20180002: An Ordinance Adopting Amendments to Skagit County Code (SCC) 14.18.100 – Preliminary Subdivisions to Permit Additional Extensions of Preliminary Approval for Short Plats and Plats (February 20, 2018)
- Plat Extensions supplemental staff report and draft code in advance of February 6, 2018 Planning Commission Deliberations (scheduled to begin at 7 PM)
- Notice of Public Hearing, SEPA threshold determination, and Comment Period (December 26, 2017)
- Plat extensions staff report and draft code in advance of the January 23, 2018 Planning Commission Public Hearing (December 22, 2017)
- Plat extensions memo and draft code in advance of December 5, 2017 Planning Commission Workshop (November 28, 2017)
- Memo to Board of County Commissioners re Comment Period (April 14, 2017)
- Notice of Public Hearing and Written Comment Period on Interim Ordinance (March 23, 2017)
- Interim Ordinance, O20170002 (March 6, 2017)